Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Paid political mafia

Everyone on the Hotline was fired up today! Maybe they were inflamed by the Premier constantly hovering over our studio with his helicopter! You may have heard him a few times today during the show!

Today's title comes from a caller, simply fed up with the current state of everything. Add me to that list as well. Everyone's concerned about BPA, etc. I'm not. I really feel doom about the future. Food prices skyrocketing, hoarding of food, high fuel prices, taxes. I think it was the story about the dirt cookies in Haiti that affected me so much, I can't shake the feeling it gave me. Yeah, it's doom and gloom week on the Hotline! I agree with the statement you shouldn't just complain, because that's empty unless you do something about it. That being said, I don't think I would want to run for office because the problems are too great! Where do you start? How do you circumvent the bureaucratic system in place that is designed to take (waste) time because it gives people good paying government jobs? We're in a lose-lose situation, I'm so sorry to be so morose!

One thing amused me today. I realized when Rick does his Rodney MacDonald impersonation about telling Nova Scotians to "take the bus", all of a sudden Rodney turns into a French Canadian! It's hilarious!

So, how do you feel about the government taking back its electricity rebate? We were kind of confused about it this morning, but now from what I can tell, the electricity portion of your heat will still be rebated, but not the TV/lights part. I sense a rent increase coming on....
Looks like another ploy to keep people addicted to oil, which is totally the best.idea.ever.

Well, this grey day is not improving my dismal outlook on the future of Nova Scotia. I just read some of the snapshots of the provincial budget - that's not helping either! More on that tomorrow!

Cheers,

Amber

No comments: