Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The sleaze runs thick

Rick came up with another great title today! Thanks, boss! (I'm being very careful not to call him "Rickster")

My second choice for today's title was "Panacea of joy" which is something Lee Cohen spoke about during hour number two. Cohen was in talking about the perceptions and challenges facing immigrants and Canadians today and it was interesting to hear the immigrant side of things and how Canada is perceived by others. Indeed although Canada is a great country, it's not the be all and end all, the land of milk and honey as some may think. Although I think immigrants can get a raw deal in this country, I kind of had to agree a little with Ross who says it does seem a bit unfair that immigrants come over and then are entitled to all the services we are overtaxed for. A couple of people called me off the air to express support for the position caller Fred took today, talking about how immigrants are ruining our way of life. I wished they would have gone on the air, it's an interesting debate and one people don't really talk about much for fear of being labelled "racist".

If the Liberals had a strong leader, the Conservatives would sooooo be going down right now. Good for Stephen Dion for saying the Conservatives won the election by cheating, but he's just not strong enough! I think it's going to be a long time before there is another majority government in this country.

Well, I'm going to get some lunch and get out in this sunshine before it disappears for the week.

Have a good day!

Ambe r

No comments: