Monday, April 21, 2008

You're in prison, you idiot

Thanks to Rick for the title today!

I wanted to find a link to the Jim Carrey film "Liar, Liar". There's a scene that perfectly encapsulates my feelings towards the prisoners in Burnside feeling hard done by. I'll try to summarize here. I forget how, but in the film Jim Carrey cannot tell a lie and he's a lawyer. He gets a call from a client and his secretary passes over the phone and says "So and so is on the phone for you. He's been arrested again" Jim Carrey grabs the phone and says:

"QUIT BREAKING THE LAW (EXPLETIVE)!!!"

That pretty much sums up my stance on the whole thing.

We heard a pretty memorable quote from Fall River area councillor Krista Snow today on her love for Elton John. When asked about the possibility of the singer coming to Halifax she said, "I'd walk over broken glass and catpoop to drink his bathwater." Um, okay!! I'm a fan too, but I'm not sure if I'd go that far. Pretty crappy about Paul McCartney, eh? That did kind of seem too good to be true. That concert would have been amazing and fantastic advertising for HRM. Do you get the impression that Mayor Kelly is really trying to get a concert as a feather in his cap for the election in October?

Lee Cohen, Halifax's best known immigration lawyer, will be in the studio tomorrow and I was telling Rick I'm really curious to get an update certain cases like the Bondarenkos and Sonja Petjzel (probably not spelled correctly).

Barry Barnet called after Rick talked about a story involving the Health Promotion Minister today. Apparently, BB locked his keys in his car and then submitted the receipt for the taxpayer to pick up! Rick didn't think that was kosher and made that clear on the air and BB ended up calling and telling us it was an oversight, it was submitted in error and he's definitely paying for that little mistake himself. Good to know, thanks for the call!

Jeez, do you think if the federal Conservatives were actually as transparent as they make themselves out to be, they would have invited all the media to a news conference over the weekend, not just a select friendly few?? If they have nothing to hide and didn't do anything wrong, why are they working so hard to spin this story? Sickening, it truly is.

Well, that's it for me. I'm trying to open www.youtube.com to put a link to that Jim Carrey clip. It's a classic and if I get it, I'll post it later.

Have a good Monday!

Cheers,

Amber

No comments: