Thursday, April 10, 2008

What is the matter with Nova Scotia?

Someone posed that question and I wish I had the answer.

But, if that little query was solved, we wouldn't have a show. So, let's just leave it alone!

That being said, any negativity about this Paul McCartney concert could really backfire on us! People were so happy about it yesterday and then today talking about boycotts and things? Unreal! Rick thinks it's great that everyone complains constantly (well, his job does depend on it), but I think sometimes we take it a little too far.

These personal attacks are a little much. If you're going to criticize someone, at least come at it intellectually. A couple of people called me off the air talking about Dawn Sloane, and the basis of their argument, to me, was that they don't like her because she's an opinionated woman. I know Dawn. She's a hard working, intelligent person and if you're going to dislike her, back it up with some rationale, a council decision, something. Going at it at such a base level is so disconcerting.

Back to Paul McCartney, has he commented on the seal hunt lately? He's a vegetarian, so obviously an animal lover. But, I don't remember him speaking out about the seal hunt lately. That kind of seemed like Heather Mills' issue and he was just supporting his wife. I'll try to google it and find out if he's still vehemently against it. I do know he was for the sealers receiving some sort of compensation if they did ban the seal hunt. He was pretty reasonable on Larry King that time, unlike his wife who appeared to be "difficult".

Totally off topic - the Masters starts today! Any chance Mike Weir can do it again or is it all Tiger? I love watching golf. There's something meditative about it, or as some would say "boring".

So, Curtis Sliwa is coming to town in early May to graduate some recruits, and the new Guardian Angels will be patrolling in the middle of May. Very interesting. We'll have to wait and see what kind of effect they're going to have. I really hope Curtis comes into the studio, that will be interesting!!!!

Anyway, that's it for me. Have a good day!

Amber

No comments: