Thursday, April 17, 2008

Poor Spelling

I have to get this off my chest before I forget! Two crazy spelling errors yesterday that made me stop in my tracks.

The first was spotted at a restaurant near work. I was about to go in but was stopped in my tracks by this sign:

sorry we are out of olote of veggies

That's exactly how it was written! Then I was walking home and I saw at another restaurant:

Wednesday
Chicken Solvlaki

What is Solvlaki, exactly?

Anyway, it was just so funny/sad yesterday seeing these spelling errors at every turn. I misspell sometimes too...but who can't spell "a lot"?

Peter Duffy was in during hour number 2 today and he made an incredibly interesting point right at the very end. He thinks there may be a slight chance people are depending on the government too much for things. My generation is bombarded with saving for the future, getting RRSPs, investing, etc. Maybe seniors now are the last generation that weren't taught that? Peter says he knew he had to work hard and save and he's still working. Obviously there are going to be instances where people fall through the cracks, people who have been injured on the job, death, divorce, etc. But are there people who just lived recklessly, didn't save and now are crying for the government to help? Peter was wondering and I'm wondering that too. Are there people out there who don't think they are responsible for themselves? There's also a rule I'm living by - until I can afford it, I'm not having kids.

Budget drama continues at city hall. As Steve Streatch said to us today: "The rhetoric is so thick you can cut it with a knife". Ha. Apparently they're going to wrap it up today too with a tax increase. Let's just hope they got rid of that fog machine.

It is another stunning day! Rain on the way tonight and tomorrow though, so enjoy this! Paul Hollingsworth will be in the studio for our "media open hour" tomorrow at 10. Talk to you then!

Cheers!

Amber

No comments: