Thursday, May 31, 2007

Freaky

Rick's last interview today was so freaky! Chris Styles is doing research into a possible UFO sighting. Something was spotted in the air, something disc-esque, near Imperial Oil on Thursday, April 26th at 10:05AM. So far Chris hasn't been able to pinpoint exactly what it was, so if you remember seeing anything, give Rick and call and he'll put you in touch with Chris. Will called with a hot tip. He said the sighting was actual Ben from the Island riding his magic potato!

Rick mentioned the Shag Harbour incident, which is truly freaky since it has never been explained. Here's a link:

http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Nova_Scotia/shag_harbour_ufo.htm

So Rick thought I was slacking hardcore today eh? Okay, I thought the caller said her name was Morrie instead of Laurie, but I repeated it back to her and, in my defense, she did say her name was Morrie!! Then during DD, a guy called in and said his name was Kevin from Timberlea. Rick goes to the phone and there's a girl named Kayla on the phone??? Huh??? I told Rick, I am capable of differentiating male and female voices (most of the time)!

Did you catch any of Arnold Schwarzenegger's speech yesterday to the Economic Club in Toronto? I thought it was quite good. He's so cheesy, yet engaging. He knows how to work his Terminator/Kindergarden Cop shtick. It will be interesting to see how a meeting between Mr. Personality and Mr. Non-Personality (Harper) goes.

It was kind of disturbing call from Mike today who said he was detained by police for being a possibly wanted man and then turns out it wasn't him and the officer told him he was lucky, instead of apologizing. Rick urged him to file a complaint and Mike told us he thinks a lot of cops have a "Clint Eastwood mentality". Do you agree? On the other hand, there was an article in one of the papers yesterday from a lady who gave kudos to an officer who tried to save some ducks on the Bi-Hi. I think it's like any job and any office, you have some good people and you have some bad ones.

Speaking of good ones - check out De Adder's cartoon today in the Daily news -- just classic.

http://www.hfxnews.ca/index.cfm?sid=33604&sc=91

Earlier today the air conditioning in the building wasn't working and everyone was complaining about it except me. It's because I love the heat because it reminds me of being at home. Hot, hazy, humid, I love it. So Rick was complaining about it and then we got into this argument during the break about sea breezes. He loves a good sea breeze, but I feel a sea breeze ruins a great summer hot day. Who's with me? Who's anti sea-breeze?

I apologize - I'm feeling a little loopy since I'm on holiday until Tuesday. So that means no blog until then. Be nice to Rick and Austin will be taking your calls. Sports during the first hour tomorrow and then the Friday Free for All!

Have a great Friday...and a great weekend!

Cheers,

Amber

3 comments:

Mr.k said...

Have a good break Amber.
Niticed Rick on the CBC this evening....still hiding his feet. Must have had white socks on again...LOLOLOLOLOL.

If you ever make it to Cape Breton give me a call and we will give you the grand tour of Boularderie Island.

Anonymous said...

Rick was also talking to Peter Stoffer, the NDP member for Sackville - Eastern Shore. In his closing remarks, Peter said he felt very fortunate to have served the people of Sackville - Eastern Shore, and the people of Nova Scotia for the last 10 years. It's too bad the other Peter in Ottawa from Nova Scotia couldn't make the same comment. Peter (Benedict) MacKay would have to thank the people of Pictou for allowing him to serve himself for his own gain. He's entitled to his entitlement. They only have one thing in common, and that's their first names only. Peter MacKay couldn't carry Peter Stoffer's shoes, to be polite. GMH in Windsor

Anonymous said...

Amber.

Good Evening.

Your coments about Peter Stoffer could not be more accurate, the last Ten (10) years he truly has done a great Job.

That being said now let me turn my attention towards you,I always thought there was something different about You and on Thursday I found out why?

You may in fact be from a different Plant need I say any more,Keep up the good work!

Have a good weekend.

Tim
UFCW Canada