Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Recycle, re-use, reduce...to a point

Recycled meat - pretty gross eh?

If you heard the show today after 12, you heard caller Roxanne tell us about a pretty nasty experience at a dining establishment in Dartmouth. She says she sent back her steak to the kitchen and then watched as the chef placed the steak on another plate and served it to another customer!!

The story brought back memories of Jeffrey Simpson's excellent series on restaurants a few months back. Roxanne says she got the run around while trying to file a complaint, but I hope she keeps at it. Another caller suggested calling the Better Business Bureau as well. Hopefully she will keep us posted with her progress.

So are you with Rick on this one? Fall River: God's Country. Discuss.

Taxi driver Bob called with a litany of complaints about the city etc. It was definitely a long list of things that have been ticking him off, well, for the past few years!! I used to have to take a taxi to work when I worked weekend mornings a few years back. The taxi drivers were prompt and very courteous. There were just two exceptions. One time, the driver seemed, well, intoxicated and I put on my seatbelt and prayed I wouldn't die! And it was only a 5 minute drive away!!! I mentioned his number to another driver who told me the guy had some issues. Another time, a taxi driver got mad at me because I didn't want to accept 3 dollars in change in nickels. Other than that, I find the cabbies so friendly in Halifax and I've never had a problem trying to get a cab, even downtown.

We did our "Hotline House Calls" in the second hour with Dartmouth General emergency room physician Dr. John Gillis. He's also the host of a show on Eastlink TV. He took health questions for the hour and I'm sure Rick will have him in again soon. During the commercial I pleaded with him to convince Rick to give up Coke. Rick drinks a can of Coca-Cola during every show. The doctor suggested switching to Coke zero or Diet Coke, but you know how stubborn Rick is. Direct quote: "I won't give up my Coke!"

So the fired school board members will have their day in court! What an interesting development! What would the province do if a judge ordered the fired board members back on the job? June 12th/13th have been set aside. The Hotline will keep you posted!!

Have a great day and be sure to tune in tomorrow for another action packed edition of the Hotline!

Until then,

Amber

No comments: