Friday, May 18, 2007

I've forgotten what the sun looks like!

Have you?

Pray that there's not a downpour on Sunday. A little rain during a marathon is a godsend, but pouring rain, as evidenced by the Boston Marathon, is just unpleasant. This year's Bluenose Marathon is featuring over 7-thousand runners, can you believe it? That's incredible. Seriously, this is a great event and the spectators provide incredible support for the runners. Can you believe the teasing I got today from Cecil and Rick? It was all in good fun and I'm really excited about the race. My friend Jillian and I are thinking about training for the half marathon next year, but that is a huge commitment. I give major props to the people running the full marathon. That is such an achievement and you need real dedication to do something like that. I find it's hardest to defeat your mind when running; I can't even imagine where your mind would go running 42.2 kms. Maybe one day I'll find out!

So more bomb threats...unbelievable! There have been some examples of some real jerks in Halifax this week. First, the "people" (and I use that term lightly) who beat up the gas bar clerk at Robie and Young. That was unreal and sickening. Now, the idiots calling in these bomb scares. I don't get it. Rick's column in the Daily News really affected me today, especially with his last line: It may already be too late. Completely depressing. Let's hope civil society resumes on Tuesday.

There was a bit of levity on the show today (as always). Cecil vs. Joan never fails to crack up everyone in the room. Joan might be an elderly lady, but she is a fierce competitor who goes toe to toe with Cecil. I wish I could post today's exchange because it was a classic!!!! Rick had Nova Scotia Senior baseball star Darren Doucette in for sports as well. I swear, this man was about 10 feet tall and his arms were about as both of my legs combined. Notice how Rick didn't say anything snarky to him? There was a reason and it was called "muscle".

Then there was Will with his fashion critique of Rick, saying his jacket didn't do anything for his complexion and it wasn't a complimentary colour!! I disagree!! When Rick came to work with that jacket a few weeks back, I thought it was a very nice coat and very stylish. I didn't see Rick on CBC yesterday, but usually all of his television appearances generate some conversation the next day!

Bill Mont had a floating restaurant? I've got some googling to do this afternoon.

I hope the sun comes out this long weekend!! We deserve it don't you think?

Have a great one and we'll talk to you Tuesday on a little program we like to call - THE HOTLINE!

Take care,

Amber

P.S. Thanks for everyone's patience today...we had an extremely busy show so thank you for hanging on to talk to Rick!

1 comment:

Mr.k said...

Good luck in your race Amber.
Hope the weather is good for you.
I did notice Rick on the CBC.
I couldn't see his feet, to see if white socks are the norm. But he kept hiding his feet under the chair.
Getting a complex are ya Rick?