Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Icky and Horrible

Those were Elizabeth May's thoughts about possibly running against Alexa McDonough. I know some might criticize her for maybe sounding a bit juvenile, but E.M. is who she is! I'm sure you've heard her on the Hotline. She doesn't mince words and she's just....blunt about things. I don't think her use of the word "icky" takes away from her intelligence. I'd rather hear someone real, rather than someone putting on the fake intelligence act. (Stockwell Day)

So Ben in PEI lives right across the street from Mike Duffy's mom! Small world eh? He says whenever Mike comes home, he gets a limo to the house. That was Rick's complaint about Mike Duffy. He thinks he lost his edge a long time ago and is in too close with the politicians. I think one of the best political commentators is Jane Taber. I love her salacious column in Saturday's Globe!! Susan Bonner on the CBC is great too, but she's always overshadowed by Don Newman, who is a legend in his own right.

Speaking of legends, does Rick's memory ever cease to amaze you? Maybe it's all the preservatives in the Coca-cola that keeps every news story in the past 25 years fresh in his brain. He just randomly throws out details from crimes committed decades ago. I just stare at him in awe, wondering how on earth he remembers all these things. Maybe that's why he wears his baseball hat all the time...to hide his protruding brain!! Funny thing from last week. Here at work, there's always an e-mail sent out every morning wishing people happy birthdays or congratulations on being here for a certain amount of time. Well on Rick's birthday, there was the e-mail...and then another e-mail was sent out wishing Rick's hat a happy birthday too. It was hilarious.

I agree with what Rick said about being transformed into a conspiracy theorist. He says 10 years of the Hotline has changed him and I definitely feel like I'm being changed too, and that's only after 1.5 years on the show full time!! So thanks....I think?

Oh...Ben wanted me to tell you - www.cbc.ca/pei to watch the webcast of the election debate tonight. One hour starting at 6:30. Enjoy?

Talk about staring mortality right in the face. Peter Bigelow with the city's parks department straight up told Rick he wouldn't be alive to see these seedlings they planted yesterday in full bloom. Yikes! Then I had a jolt when I realized, wow, I probably won't be alive either!

I think it was an e-mail where the guy had a great line about Jack Layton - "he's a mouth unconnected to a brain". Right now...I'm in complete agreement with him. Remember the Shane Doan thing??

Well have a great day...enjoy the sunshine and I'll talk to you soon!

Cheers,

Amber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber.

Good Evening.

Listening to the show to day I found it interesting that People are so quick to Condem and Complain but very few are as quick to provide solutions to Problems within and around their Community. That said Amber keep up the good work!

Tim
UFCW Canada