Monday, May 28, 2007

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

Some days are like that on the Hotline; shows where not one big issue dominates. Today was like that...from a so-called shop tax at car dealerships to fast ferries, it was all covered today on the show!

Rick did speak to the police spokesperson about the decision to lay charges against the beaten gas bar clerk. I agree with the people who e-mailed Rick saying police saw the entire video. We saw a snippet of it without audio. Charging the person who looks like a victim is kind of bad publicity for the police force, so I'm kind of assuming they had grounds to lay the charge. What do you think? Whatever the clerk may or may not have done, I think we all agree with people in the video took it too far. Anyway, take the poll question and tell us what you think!

The issue of talking on a cell phone while driving also came up. I wrote Rick a little note during his conversation with Mark saying that 99 per cent of the time when I'm nearly hit a crosswalk, the drivers are on cell phones and completely oblivious to what's going on around them. I was talking to one of my friends the other day and she was talking and driving and she said, I have to call you back, some driver is motioning to me. She called back later and turns out, the driver was motioning for her to get off her cell phone and when she hung up, he gave her a thumb's up!!!! I agree with a couple of the callers to ban talking on your cell in the car, like they do in Newfoundland.

Anyways...it's lunchtime for me! Don't sweat the rain too much - it looks like sunshine for the rest of the week.

Who loves the David Rodenhiser intro?? Thanks to the incredible Terry Purcell for putting that together.

Cheers!

Amber

No comments: