Thursday, May 3, 2007

If it started with "F"....

it was mentioned today on the Hotline. And I mean everything!

You can meet Glenn Murray at the Family Expo (http://www.familyexpo.ca) this weekend at Exhibition Park. Should be interesting! I checked out the book, Walter the Farting Dog, on amazon.ca...it looks really funny. Do you think there's enough material for an entire film though? Do you think the gag would get old?

Let's see..what else starts with F? Flip flop!! Will accused Rick of sounding like he was flip flopping on gas regulation. It's funny because last week I asked Rick the same thing off the air. Then Rick let me in a little talk show host secret that I will reveal to you exclusively in this blog: sometimes he stirs the pot to get people to call. It's true!! So when you hear Rick, definitely challenge him, but remember he is a talk show host who needs people to call in order to fulfill the mandate of "call in talk show".

I liked caller Chris' one word summary of Hockey Canada testifying in front of this Commons committee - CRAP. It's so asinine, I can't even mention it anymore.

Speaking of, check out www.toronto.ca/walk21. That's the site for this conference on "walking" being held in October in the T-dot that a couple of councillors are expected to go to. Here's the write-up from the site:

"This exciting conference will bring together hundreds of delegates from across Canada and around the world, including leaders from government, academia, the private sector, non-profit, community, and advocacy groups. The conference slogan - Putting Pedestrians First - reflects our desire to make this a conference that motivates people to build on examples of best practice from their home communities and around the globe, and turn plans into action."

Now check out Rodenhiser's column today:

(It's another classic)

http://www.hfxnews.com/index.cfm?sid=26974&sc=157

Is it just me or does it crack you up when Rick tells someone to "Go pound sand"? I find that so entertaining.

Well thanks again for the calls and the comments on the MacNeil blog from yesterday. I'm glad I'm not alone!

Sports talk with Cecil in the first hour tomorrow, then the Friday free for all!

I guess I would be remiss if I didn't mention Ben's call today. He had a suggestion that will further sour his relationship with Mr. Walling. Ben says he's going to write a book called "AJ the Farting Senior". Oh dear.

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!!

Thank you for listening,

Amber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for "save Doan site"Amber,I signed the petition and was the 8998th person and hopefully it'll get much more.....I'll expect Cecil to pat Rick on the back for his strong views on the sports facilities and BALL fields,that he rammed down Dawn's throat.If only we had Rick here in Truro for mayor,maybe we'd have gotten those winter games...thanks derek