Friday, February 15, 2008

Bye, Dave.

I want to send a massive thank you to David Rodenhiser, who's been a regular on our show for a while now and who contributed so much to it. Dave, you're a class act, an amazing writer, so damn smart and as Rick said, as long as we're on the air, you have an open invitation to come back anytime. We'll miss you! Enjoy the whiskey! Ha!

A very, very busy day today with a bunch of different issues ranging from what's happening in Bridgewater to this Sikh man in Ontario who wants to ride his motorcycle without a helmet. That drew a lot of callers. I'm undecided about this one. I forget who made the point, but I liked that waiver idea. Sure, don't wear a helmet, but if you are injured, you have to pay for your treatment yourself. I realize though, a lawyer would love to take on the case and prove the waiver was invalid, etc. Essentially I'm still on the fence on this one.

I'm glad to hear they arrested 2 suspects in Bridgewater, even though they have been released. I pray it's not a case of they know who did it, but don't have the smoking gun, you know? You'd be surprised how often that happens. I mean, you look at all these unsolved murder cases and essentially, on paper, they are solved!! They just don't have that last piece of evidence that convinces the judge. It's incredibly frustrating and sad. Stephen Kimber did a piece for The Coast a couple of years back about a detective investigating the Jason McCollough murder and it was gut wrenching what he went through to try and solve the case. It cost him his health, as he's currently on disability because his heart can't take the stress. It was an amazing piece.

A couple of funny things today - I've discovered part of my role as producer is to give Rick compliments throughout the show. Today I had to tell him how youthful 53 was!! It's funny, my boss forces me to suck up to him!

Didn't you love the guy who called a motorcycle a "motor-sickle"?

Couldn't believe when Rodenhiser said one of the TransCon suits said Halifax was "overmediatized." Still bummed about the Daily News. I desperately missed my gas predictions yesterday.

Well, we survived another week.

More on Monday - have a great weekend.

Amber

No comments: