Monday, February 4, 2008

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands

Weird title, you might be saying.

Well, Bill Deagle claims she's one of the big players in the conspiracy world, so there you go! Who knew people in the Netherlands wielded so much power? It was an interesting hour with Dr. Deagle who brought his conspiracy talk and so much more into the studio today. Don't forget, you can listen to his show by clicking on his website: www.nutrimedical.com and I'm sure Rick will have the good doctor in again soon. His appearances generate so many different calls from Don who out and out said he was a nut job today, to Delores and Ray, who defended him and seem to be on the bandwagon. Delores keeps telling me I have to watch Loose Change, the 9-11 documentary on the internet. Deagle has a phone number too: 1-888-212-8871. Apparently there is a local group that gets together once a month to talk about this messed up world, watch movies, talk about new books etc. You can hang with the Deagle! Make it happen..and then call us and tell us about it!


I want to give kudos to someone Rick has slammed lately - Judge Pam Williams. I wonder if she heard Rick's promise last week to unleash the full power of the Hotline audience on her if she just gave the girls a slap on the wrist. Then, maybe she read Martello Tower in the Chronicle-Herald today and then decided to ignore what both lawyers wanted. Seriously, a year in jail for both these girls was the verdict handed down today. It may not seem like a lot, but it does go above and beyond what the lawyers were recommending and that's something. I'm so curious to see how these girls reacted. I have a feeling we'll get a glimpse into how "sincere" the letters of apology were which were read at last week's hearing. I hope this verdict gives the woman who was beaten a little piece of mind.

It's a topic that is one of Rick's favourites, but something that has been dormant lately - until today. The topic of litter came back! It doesn't surprise me that a lot of people in Halifax litter. I see so many people spitting all over the place. If you can spit without feeling any shame at all, of course you're going to litter! I was just walking behind someone on Bell Rd. yesterday afternoon heading downtown and this classy gentlemen alternated between taking drags on his cigarette and then spitting. It was delightful, let me tell you. Speaking of actual material litter, I remember last year walking behind an elderly couple and the lady biffed her coffee cup right on the front lawn of a house on Robie Street. Another time last summer, my boyfriend and I were walking by a coffee shop in our neighbourhood and this guy was sitting in his car (while it was idling) drinking his coffee. He was less than 3 feet away from a garbage can and he tossed it out the window. We just stopped and stared at him because we were in so much shock. He sighed, got out of the car and put in the bin. I mean, we're so incredibly lucky that we have garbage pick-up and we just put it in a bag and someone comes and takes it away for us! We're not in a third world country where you would have to burn it yourself or just throw in on the ground. It's unreal - I'm with Rick, when I see someone littering it really aggravates me. He's so right - why should we have to go cleaning up the community? If we didn't litter, there wouldn't be an issue. That being said, I don't know how many times I've gone to put garbage into a bin downtown or something and it's completely overflowing! So, in that respect, the city has a role to play too. Anyway, I wonder if that nun is still fighting the cause. Remember she got mad at Rick for blaming the Mayor for Halifax being a dirty city? It's pretty hard to make a nun mad at you, but hey, it's Rick Howe after all!

Anyway....it's a nice, bright, sunny Monday - let's keep that in mind given that we are getting snow tomorrow!

We're going to be talking health care during hour number 2 - specifically about the unit 4A in the VG.

Have a great day!

Cheers,

Amber

1 comment:

Mr.k said...

Hello Amber
I havn't been calling in lately due to a wicked cough...but I have been listening...except when they start going on about sports...I am not a sports fan...I can watch some sports but to listen to a couple of guys going on about stats and such is way over my head and of no interest to me...
I did hear today a lady giving Rick oh heck for being naive...

I enjoy listening to Dr. Deagle...he is facinating...and i believe what he has to say....and ANYONE Rick who doesn't believe him is "naive".
These things are happening...if you watch videos of the buildings coming down in NY, you would have to agree with Dr. Deagle and many others....
I certainly do not believe the government of the USA.

As far as those who throw garbage out their car windows goes, they are PIGS. and Lazy PIGS at that.
I have seen people throw garbage out their windows, and i have stopped, picked up their garbage and followed them and gave it back to them...telling them they seem to have dropped something back there.
or call the police and have them charged...they will fine them..$250......
Some years back while attending UCCB, at the time, CBU now I think....a guy that i travelled with had thids terrible habit of throwing chip bags and pop bottles coffee cups out my car window....at the time we both smoked and my ashtray was full....one day pulling into his father-n-lawa paved driveway I reached over and dumped it in the driveway...my friend freaked....I said hey you do it....he never did it again from my car...

PS: I didn't clean up the butts ....left it for him...

Watch kids at bus stops...they throw kleenex and paper wrappers, actually any kind of garbage they don't want to carry around, they just throw on the ground and don't think twice about it...and in some cases with their parents watching them from their cars...and as the parent pulls away after the child gets on the bus, throwing their cig butt out the window at the sametime...same people who will let their dog crap anywhere and not scoop it up...

People are pigs. and i have to say that by observation women and young ladies are worse than men......check out a ladies washroom after a function...paper towels and such all over the floor...makes a person wonder what their homes are like.

Next time a person sees someone throwing garbage on the ground, if you have time pick it up and give it back to them...

have a good one and don't forget to SMILE.