Thursday, February 14, 2008

A litany of woe

That line was uttered in regards to condos by one of our guests during hour number 2, but I think it's applicable to all the news today.

People think journalists are just cold, unfeeling people whose motto is "If it bleeds it leads". I can tell you I'm not jumping for joy about the news this afternoon. Not only is the body they found last weekend Karissa Boudreau indeed her, police say she was murdered. They haven't released any details about how, when or why - saying they have no suspects. They say it was an "isolated incident", so that kind of makes me suspicious there too. I got chills when Jim Hoskins said it was suspicious when he talked to Rick before the end of the show. Sadly, he was right. This has been a very busy, but depressing week.

I would write more, but I feel really depressed about this story.

I'm sure this will be one of the big topics tomorrow.

More then,

Amber

1 comment:

Mr.k said...

I can't help but think it is the mother.
She apparently was t he last to deal with her in the form of an arguement...mother and daughters argueing isn't unuusal.
I know this is cold but it wouldn't be the first time a parent has murdered their child and cried on National TV.

Outside of sad news such as that the show was very good today I thought.

Poor Cecila having to get on a plane after Rick saying there are fire engines on the runway tending to an emergency landing... too funny.....

I remember flying to London on British Air when after we lifted off they put the BBC news on and the first news item was a plane crash at Heathrow...the flight just didn't seem to be the same after that...

God bless Karissa Boudreau...no kid deserves to be murdered no matter how bad an offence or arguement may be.