Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Money matters

Of course the Eagles are going to go where the money is. This is a band that's had how many reunion tours? I've lost count how many times hell has "frozen over". Let's just hope one of these other concerts pans out because some of the bands they're looking at blow the Eagles out of the water - and that's a fact.

No one else is really going to find this funny, but right after my news, I called Mayor Kelly and although he promised Rick he would be there, he wasn't there. Okay, I thought, I'll try Mayor Mitten. No, he wasn't there either. So, I had to write Rick a note on his screen breaking the news to him. It read:

Okay, bad news - both mayors are MIA.

Then, it was a face that will forever lift me out of bad moods - the shock on Rick's face that his 2 mayoral interviews weren't there. It was a look that I've become familiar with, since he made the same face when I had to write him a note on Monday when I heard from Chris that the Daily News had folded. Luckily, Mayor Kelly called us back. He was taping his show on Eastlink and he had Premier Rodney MacDonald as a guest, hence the reason he wasn't expecting our VIP call!

You know who is a breath of fresh air? Gary Carson. Rick spoke to him briefly during hour number 1. Although I don't have any qualms about Howard Windsor, I think Gary Carson should have been the one man school board. He would have been amazing and instead of keeping things status quo, would have tried to make some changes to make the system smarter, and better. Maybe he'll run for the school board? Carole Olsen's worst nightmare....

I think caller Charles had the best idea today. If there is an ice surface constructed in Bedford, it should be called the "Gary Martin Memorial Arena". The mayor thought that was a great idea as well.

It was a good discussion during hour number 2 with Stephen Kimber and Jack Romanelli. Jack is doing as well as can be expected, making some very funny quips about his marriage. Apparently his wife is going to be the editor of Metro and Rick asked how his marriage was and Jack replied, "She's bringing in the money, I love my wife very much!" It was pretty funny. It just sucks and it's sad and it's going to take away for people to believe it's really gone.

Well, another stormy day even though it doesn't seem like it's raining right now. I loved how Rick was baiting the listeners by calling everyone "weather wussies". It's true though, I was talking to Cindy Day about this, about how everytime there is snow in the forecast people start absolutely freaking out! We survived White Juan - aren't we tougher than this?

Anyway....that's it for me. I think we may be playing trivia tomorrow, I'm so excited!!

Have a good one!

Amber

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This City needs a new promoter and this one should be fired.
Halifax is so far behind the
Apolo 1 can't find the city.
peter kelly and the rest of city council shold be caed as well.
This just shows that Halifax is
will alway be one big looser and
one giant toxic waste land.
Until these jokers are fired the concert promoter and pteter kelly dawn slone and the rest of the lazy
bums.
Until that happen Apolo 1 will never find the city.

Chris Dartmouth

Anonymous said...

Halifax better get their act together and lock up a rock band soon, or people whom are sitting on the fence will not wait any longer and purchase tickets to the Eagles concert. I for one will wait because I will not go to another concert in Moncton, ever again. The last time we were in Moncton for a concert, we stayed 30 minutes away. Friends whom did not have a place to stay, left 20 minutes early. They were home in Kentville, NS before we made the 50 km trip to our guest house. I've got better things to do then sit in traffic for 2 to 3 hours, Eagles or no Eagles. I'll wait for Halifax to announce their rock show.