Friday, February 8, 2008

Mutual admiration society

I felt like I was at a meeting of it starting at 12:30 today when Rick and Elizabeth May were telling each other that they were each other's favourite people! I wanted to get in on it too...because they are both two of my favourite people! (Rick reads this, I have to suck up).

I love listening to Elizabeth May. No matter how her words get twisted by the Conservatives, she just makes so much sense, doesn't speak in the cliched jargon we've all become so familiar wish. She truly cares, it's obvious if you talk to her for 10 seconds. She's awesome and I hope she beats Benedict Mackay. I don't know if Rick remembers, but he made a bet with someone who e-mailed him, Earl, and promised to sing something if Elizabeth May loses. I can't remember the details though.....

We had two Tories on during hour number one, but after that, people just kept calling and talking about DD, Darrell Dexter, that is. They lauded his character, the job he's doing, how he does it, etc. There was an article in the paper today about the Premier being filled with confidence. Well, it's one thing to have your colleagues think you're doing a bang-up job, but that's not what counts. Rick thinks we have an election coming this spring, so we'll see what the people say about the Premier. What gets me is that the Premier never seems to be sincere. He is always photographed with this smirk/smile on his face that I find very disconcerting.

Can you believe this Karissa Boudreau story in Bridgewater? She's been gone for almost 2 weeks. Where is she? What happened to her? Apparently there's going to be a prayer vigil at the Salvation Army in Bridgewater on Sunday night. It's a devestating story, I pray that there will be a happy ending.

We spoke to Mel Boutilier again today from the Parker Street Food and Furniture Bank and he's at his wit's end. He cares so much, but doesn't have the means to help these people....and I'm talking seniors who can't afford to heat their homes. If you can help...give them a call:

453-2498 or 425-2125. Every little bit helps.

This has been a week for fired-up politicians. Yesterday the Mayor and today, Brooke Taylor. He was ready to rumble on all the issues today! I had to shake my head when he was talking about looking at lifting the moratorium on uranium mining though. After they left, and they are two pretty decent guys, someone called and asked me to tell them what those two guys were smokin'! It was pretty funny.

Well...the weekend is here. I was chatting with Cindy Day and she says we could get 15 cms or so.....and it may not change to rain on Sunday. 30-40 cms in New Brunswick! It seems one Maritime province gets it worse than the others each year and it's definitely NB's turn.

Have a great weekend...chat with you Monday.

Cheers,

Amber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber.

In response to your blog I couldn't help but think (No joke) required with the Snow we maybe getting on Sunday. With your driving skills please give me ample time to get home before you start driving. As always keep up the goof (Spell Ckeck) good work.

All the best.

Tim
UFCW Canada