Friday, February 22, 2008

Eating crow

Harv brought in a fake crow today for Cecil and Rick to eat after picking the Pats to win the Super Bowl! Ha! It was great to have the boys on during hour number 1 - it is always so entertaining, I loved it. They were so loud at some points, I had a hard time monitoring their levels!!! Fisticuffs nearly broke out a couple of times, I just sat back ane enjoyed the show. Sadly, Cecil wouldn't sing Purple Rain again, but he did do a line from O Canada, which he sang at that charity hockey game last night. He also was gloating about the fact he knows Ellen Page, having worked with her on the Trailer Park Boys.

Okay, on to one of my favourite blog topics - Rodney MacDonald!! The Premier says he's not ruling out raising the gas tax in the province. Yeah, that must be an easy decision considering you don't actually pay for your own gas. Apparently the Premier wants to do the show, but only wants to do a half hour and you know what that means - it means unless he commits to an hour, NO DICE.

Some startling stats today from the woman from Clean Nova Scotia. She says it take 12 million barrels of oil go into making plastic bags in the United States. That to me, made me even more determined to stop using plastic and to continue to use my cloth bags. I don't understand why you can't just put your garbage in a can and have the garbage people dump that into their truck!!! I think Rick may try to get Jim Bauld, the city's waste guy to come on and talk about these things. I mean, nothing's going to change until after October. Remember they couldn't even agree to use clear garbage bags because Sue Uteck was afraid of what they may find?

I want to congratulate Gary, who is my weekly winner of my "Sarcasm Award". Gary very chipperly (and sarcastically) said he was so thrilled gas prices were so high because he knew the province would be putting all that extra gas tax revenue right back into the roads and Nova Scotia was going to have the best roads in the world!! Expert delivery - Gary, congrats, that the most sarcastic line of the week!

Did anyone else notice the line Colin uttered that should strike fear into the hearts of every decision maker in the province: "Gloria's on the warpath".

Anyway...it's almost weekend time. Have a great one and we'll chat with you Monday!

Cheers,

Amber

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After listening to show today my personal highlight of the show was "Don't Bring Me Down Bruce" hahaha that was too funny and well.....very appropriate. I have nothing against Bruce I do believe he has a good grasp on everything.Although it wouldn't hurt to be a little up beat sometimes. Life cannot be all "doom and gloom". Remember the Law of Attraction....."Like attracts Like".

The CJCH Halifax Hotline said...

I'm so glad you liked the song! Rick thought of that idea last fall and we've played it a couple of times and it's hilarious when we do - Bruce was giggling himself yesterday.

Thanks for listening!

Amber

cr8tiveCandy said...

Great idea on the direct-dumping (no plastic bag). Keep up the good work with your cloth bags! There's no easy answer with environmental issues. Ask me about kitty litter sometime... yoi.

--Charlene, Clean NS