Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sick of lunch

I'm really looking forward to getting this lunch issue sorted once and for all tonight. Well, I guess it's naive of me to think it will actually be settled tonight by Howard Windsor, more like it's going to create more fodder for the show, which is a good thing. I'm with Rick on this one. When I went to school, the teachers took turns supervising recesses and lunch hours. Honestly, I don't see the issue with this. Bottom line.

The McNab's Island hour was very interesting! It definitely made me want to check it out. I'll have to go this summer. You probably can't swim there though, because it's in the Harbour, right? Or is it far enough out that it's safe? Nah, I wouldn't risk it anyway! One of my friends fell into the Detroit River once and got ecoli poisoning which has weakened him immune system for life. Best not to risk it!

Peter Stoffer was on fire today! I love it when politicians come out blazing. I can't stand the political speak, ie the Premier talking about "We've got to do what's right for Nova Scotians...."
Obviously! Gah! I love fiery politicial speak and Peter cares so much about veterans, it's so cheap to think about the Veteran Affairs minister slamming him.

What do you think about the federal budget yesterday? I'm still shaking my head about this one. It's so incredibly weak I think Stephane Dion could have had a chance to get back into power. Of course, Dion isn't exploiting the many weaknesses of the budget, he's just saying, no there won't be an election. Who do we call to get a coup d'etat around here? The federal budget includes 300-million dollars to explore nuclear energy!!! 50-million dollars for a pig cull!! They've decreased the money being paid down on the debt and creating a glorified savings account for Canadians. I was chatting with the Mayor about this savings thing. Is it for GICs? What's the diff if I put 5 Gs in my bank account or this special account - my bank account is tax free too! Where are the details? Hey, at least thanks to the GST reduction I'm saving 3 dollars a month on my car payment. Unreal. We need an election! We need a leader who can inspire Canadians. I actually woke up this morning and was missing Paul Martin - he actually cared about Canadians, I'm not sure what the federal government cares about, except, being smug.

God, all this hating is making me hungry.

Have a great day - we're going to talk trash, literally, during hour number 2 tomorrow.

Cheers!

Amber

P.S. Giddy up!

No comments: