Thursday, February 7, 2008

I love sushi!

Apparently, Rick doesn't. Rick took total issue with the fact some of us like to eat raw fish. Spicy tuna roll, Rick - you must try it, it's so unbelievably delicious. It's why we have to protect our oceans so that we can continue to eat delicious, fresh sushi for years to come! I'm jealous of Mayor Peter Kelly, who got to go to Japan and eat delicious sushi all day, every day! The Mayor was kind of losing it at the end of the show, I loved seeing him get a little fired up! He's always so calm and we all know, it's impossible to be calm and chipper 24-7! I don't think it's healthy, you have to blow off some steam once in a while.

I don't know about you, but I am so excited about the prospect of a new library in downtown Halifax! I think it's definitely something the city needs. Have you been downtown? It's so old and the bathrooms - I don't think I've ever had a worse bathroom experience than using the bathroom at the downtown library. Some of the suggestions are so interesting though - a wine bar! Wine and books - what a wonderful combination! Seriously, they could rent out space to a restaurant, cafe, art space, have the library there. The library in Seattle is so amazing, it's a tourist attraction - something our library could be too!

http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Seattle_Public_Library.html

You know, before I had my car I didn't care about potholes. I heard the complaints, but never thought twice about it. Now that I have my car - MY GOD! Potholes in this city are totally out of control!! In the past week it's seem like the number of them has quadrupled or something! The Mayor says they are patching them up, but you've got to call them in - 490-4000. I think I'm going to call one in after I'm done writing. North Street, right before Gottigen on the right hand side near the curb...it's a virtual festival of pot holes waiting to take down your car! Also on Mic Mac Blvd going to and from Mic Mac Mall - it's like you have to drive an obstacle course to avoid them!

Rick had a good suggestion today - you should be able to bring your own bags to the grocery store....or they should give you paper! I was reading in the paper too about biodegrable bags you can buy to pick up your dog crap too, so that solves one problem with no plastic bags. Also, caller Michelle suggested going back to garbage bins instead of bags, citing the fact we use green bins without issue. There are ways, we just have to think outside the box a little bit!

Well, it's lunchtime for me. I hope you have a great day and I'll chat with you tomorrow! I can't believe how quickly the week has gone by.

Cheers,

Amber

No comments: