Wednesday, February 6, 2008

You're fired.

That's what we may have the opportunity to say to Stephen Harper in just a short month. He's bringing the conditional extention of the mission in Afghanistan to Parliament for a confidence vote. Yikes! I'm remembering what Debbie Young said earlier this year. She said there would be an election this year and that there would be another minority government with Harper at the helm. Although I'm no fan of Stephen Harper, I'm especially not a fan of Stephane Dion. If I saw him at a coffee shop and just chatted with him as a person, I think he'd be exceedingly pleasant, but I just don't get that Prime-Ministerial vibe from him. I don't think Harper has it either - he's just a complete and utter megalomaniac! I do get it from Ignatieff, I so wish he would have won the Liberal leadership. I think the MPs here in Metro are pretty safe though, don't you? Anyone you want to see gone? Anyone you see think may call it a day?

That's a pretty crazy story about the Metro Transit driver going berserk, eh? I know the person it happened too, and trust me, it's not someone that goes out and looks for confrontation, that's for sure. I've had great experiences with bus drivers and horrible ones. I've had bus drivers stop while I made a mad dash for the bus - that is so much appreciated. However, when I used to live in Dartmouth, there was one driver who went for a bathroom break and a coffee at the Sportsplex every time we were about to get on the bus. In minus 20 degree weather, he wouldn't let us on the bus before he made his little sojourn. My boyfriend complained about it - never got any result. Today, I discovered why! A retired driver called me off the air telling me that if a supervisor called a driver about an incident, if you said "I don't recall that", it was pretty much over and the inspector would send an e-mail like, "Your concerns mean a lot to us, blah blah blah". I do empathize with drivers though. As Barry said, driving in Halifax is stressful enough without having to do it for 8-12 hours straight...and on a schedule!!

So, Rick's going to be a guest on Mayor Kelly's show on Eastlink TV today! It will air tomorrow, Rick thinks around 7 o' clock - check your local listings!! I can't wait to see how Mayor Kelly does as a talk show host! Depending on what happens tonight, tomorrow's show should be interesting - the Mayor will be taking your calls during hour number 2.

This story about the animal abuse in Cape Breton by a rescue group of all things, is so disturbing!!! I want to help the SPCA out - I think I may drop off some non-clumping cat litter tomorrow. They are in desperate need of it and money to buy more cat kennels. Can you imagine? They are already at capacity and now they have to find a way to care for 75 cats and 27 dogs? Apparently, they have 14 foster homes for the dogs, so that's cool, but these poor volunteers are trying to do the best they can. If you can help, call 835-4798.

Cindy Day must be happy - the snow continues to fall in Metro this hour! In fact, they're calling for snow this afternoon, tonight, tomorrow, flurries on Friday and then periods of snow for Sunday. Enjoy!

Well, have a great one....talk to you tomorrow!

Cheers,

Amber

No comments: